Friday, October 17, 2008

Candle light supper burnout...

I'm tired. Feel like I'm approaching the end of some nasty project. Woke up with scratchy, burning eyes. Need to get going and prepare for the three friends who are calling over this evening. Found myself under a bit of pressure yesterday. Thought it would be thrifty to invite my cousin over for lunch. Which it was. And it was kinda smart in that I was forced to make a nice midday meal AND I partially cleaned the flat. So the burden ahead of tonight isn't so great. But there's been a lot of washing up in the last few weeks.
After a lot of too-ing and fro-ing, the menu tonight will comprise a vegetable moussaka and - perhaps - broccoli in red wine. Easing the pressure a lot is the fact that Soos has to leave at 9 and it won't be a late night for any of us.
Meanwhile, a friend who has loads of holidays to take has suggested a quick break away in the sun for next month... Mmm, tempting...

No comments: