Thursday, October 9, 2008

Entertaining on a shoe string...

Hey! I'm really proud of myself: I fed and entertained three friends for just E12 on Monday night! Cheap-as-chips bean chilli followed by apple and plum pudding. And, if I may say so, it was a pretty decent spread - on any money. The following day, I spent the morning cooking a chicken curry, had naughty hummus on bread plus a banana for lunch, and then had leftover chilli for my tea at work. Actually, on Tuesday, I spent a total of one euro over the entire day. Had my bus ticket to get me to work... Had my dinner in a lunchbox in my bag... And then booked an office taxi to take me home. My only expenditure was a newspaper!
Of course, I undid all my good work yesterday by going for a burger with a girl at work... Sigh. But I'm getting there!

No comments: