Sunday, October 12, 2008

Well, it's one way of beating the recession...

... Forgetting your wallet when you leave for work, that is... It was lunchtime before I realised I'd left it at home. Took car to work, didn't buy a paper or coffee on the way... it happens. Thanks to the girl I was sitting beside, I was able to get my lunch of a E4.95 bowl of soup (with 1 slice of brown bread, hm) so I owe herself E20. No, it's not quite the cost cutting I was hoping for. At any rate, at least I was obliged to go straight home after work. Though, facing into a dinner comprising a defrosted homemade coq au vin, I decided to treat myself to an apple and posh-looking potato with gruyere cheese from Tesco. How swish, I thought. Harrumph. Stodgy, greasy, heavy as a brick... so not worth the E2.99 the portion cost me...

No comments: