Thursday, April 16, 2009

Man, I'm getting lazy. Last night's curry turned out very well. Wolfed down 1.5 portions (returned to the pot for a helping of sauce, mopped up with my very expensive rice) before bagging up four portions for the freezer. My frozen food reserves are looking healthy once again. All in all, it was a pretty cheap deal. Today, I'm taking the lamb I bought in the local butchers (about €8 - I know, I know, but bear with me) and making a tagine with winter vegetable couscous. So yesterday's outlay also included a parsnip (€1.16, gulp), ginger (17c), garlic (49c), fresh coriander (€1.29), flaked almonds (€2.35) and a swede (89c) - as well as a honeydew melon (€1.93) and parma ham (€4.69) for the starter. Jaysus. No wonder I walked away €40 lighter. Erm, hope my parents like their introduction to Moroccan food...

No comments: